Following is the calendar for the 2020 ‒ 2021 academic year. Additional details will
Fall Semester Calendar:
Move-in dates for New Students:
- Sunday, August 16 & Monday, August 17 (Morning)
Move-in dates for Returning Students:
- Monday, August 17 (Afternoon), Tuesday, August 18 & Wednesday, August 19
First Day of classes: Thursday, August 20
Add/drop ends: Thursday, August 27
Tuesday, November 24th: Last day of classes before Thanksgiving break
(Students will not return to campus following this break)
Sunday, November 29 - Monday, November 30th: Reading Days (remotely)
Tuesday, December 1 - Friday, December 4: Final Exams (remotely)
Saturday, December 5th: Winter break begins
Spring Semester Calendar
We will be starting the semester a week later than initially planned to allow for
a phased and staggered move-in and to give all students time to quarantine after the
holidays. Please note the important dates that follow:
- January 24-26: Residence halls open on a staggered schedule to ensure social distancing; details
- January 27: First day of classes
- March 15: No classes, administrative offices closed for “Spring Break Day”
Note: Spring break week will not occur in order to minimize travel to COVID-19 hotspots,
prevent the need to quarantine after leaving New England, and stay on schedule to
complete the semester and hold commencement on May 15.
- May 7: Last day of classes
- May 15: Commencement ceremony
Note: There are no changes to the online undergraduate terms or any graduate terms.
- Move-in for both New & Returning Students will occur over multiple days.
- All students will be limited to having two individuals assisting them with their move
- There will be one central check in area for New Student move-in. There will be two
check in areas for Returner Student move-in: one for upper-campus and one for lower-campus
(Lakeview & Sawmill).
- Face coverings will be required to be worn by students, and strongly recommended for
anyone accompanying them, while in common spaces (i.e. hallways, lounges, etc.) or
when gathering in groups larger than 10 outdoors. Face masks will be provided for
anyone who may have forgotten theirs.
- For students moving into New Hampshire and Mount Washington Halls, Residence Life
will identify which entrance/emergency door is closest to each students’ room and
direct them to use that door while moving in.