Counseling and Outreach Education
The Center for Counseling and Outreach Education exists to help Franklin Pierce students
make a healthy adjustment to college life and make wise choices in all areas of their
residential and academic experience. The Center is located in the lower level of Granite
Hall, sharing the entrance to Health Services. The office open during the fall and
spring semesters when the University is in session.
To make an appointment, you can schedule one through our Online Portal, you can
call (603) 899-4133, or stop into Health Services, located in the basement of Granite Hall, and speak
to the Administrative Assistant to get onto a Counselor's calendar.
The Director of Counseling and Outreach Education works with individual community
members and established campus groups to:
- Provide leadership within Student Affairs for student development programs and services.
- Work closely with Residential Life, Student Involvement, and Campus Safety to provide
for the needs of the Franklin Pierce community.
- Utilize a variety of outreach and therapeutic methods to educate students (group sessions,
residence hall workshops, classroom presentations, etc).
- Develop and present sessions on a variety of student development topics, based on
student and community needs.
- Provide limited individual counseling and assistance to students.
- Identify, initiate and maintain contact with local mental health providers.
- Assist students to find suitable off-campus treatment providers.
- Develop a series of passive educational campaigns intended to address community and
individual student needs.
- Create promotional material for the Counseling and Outreach Education.
- Manage crisis situations while the University is in session.
- Train other professional and paraprofessional staff, so that they may be prepared
to deal with crisis situations as they arise.
- Support the Center for Academic Excellence.
Mon - Fri:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Outreach Education and Counseling Staff
|Nicole Newell, Director of Counseling and Outreach Education